WORKING TOGETHER TO STRENGTHEN OUR COMMUNITIES
When your company partners with United Way of Ottawa and Allegan Counties to advance the common good, the community benefits... and so do you.
What are the benefits of running a United Way campaign?
- You help create a better community in which to live and work.
- Your employees become more connected and engaged, which enhances productivity and fosters leadership, employee retention, and profits.
- Your employees learn about the local services available to assist their families.
- Your customers and the community have a more favorable impression
of your company.
Here's How You Can Help
- Sponsor a Workplace Campaign with employee pledges paid by payroll deduction – the most efficient and effective way to DO THE MOST GOOD. Our staff and campaign volunteers will provide a “turn-key” campaign plan and assist your staff every step of the way.
- Leverage your employees’ generosity with a Corporate Matching Gift of 10, 20, 40, 50, even 100%.
- Participate as a company in United Way-led Volunteer Events such as Day of Caring, Adopt-a-Park, Stuff the Bus, and more.
- Facilitate Employee Involvement as United Way community investment and campaign volunteers or on United Way board and committees—the training ground for tomorrow’s community and business leaders.
- Provide a Sponsorship Gift to underwrite the expenses of the community campaign.
- Hold a Fundraising Event in your company or community to contribute to the campaign and increase awareness of United Way’s work.
- Encourage your local customers and vendors to JOIN THE MOVEMENT.
United Way of Ottawa and Allegan Counties mobilizes the caring power of our community to make our community better for all of us. Partnering with United Way is the best way to have the greatest impact.
All dollars donated in (or designated to) Ottawa or Allegan County stay in that County. United Way improves lives in part through a rigorous community investment process that invests the community’s generosity in more than 50 effective programs run by local nonprofit agencies that are making a difference in education, financial stability, health and basic needs. The process is transparent, volunteer-driven, and ensures that every dollar donated is spent wisely where it is needed most.
United Way does more than fund programs. We build relationships and partner with the people, organizations, and businesses throughout the community who bring the passion, resources, and expertise needed to get things done. Together, we assess and address the community’s most pressing and prevalent needs while working toward long-term solutions that prevent problems from happening.
United Way programs can benefit your workforce. Through a United Way campaign in your workplace, you can help your employees learn about SingleCare Prescription Assistance, CALL 2-1-1, the Ottawa or Allegan County Volunteer Center, the Lakeshore Housing Alliance, www.MyFreeTaxes.com, www.MySmartMoney.com and United Way-funded programs that can improve their health, education and financial stability - the building blocks of a better life.
ENHANCED COMPANY IMAGE
Your partnership with United Way of Ottawa and Allegan Counties fosters teamwork and builds morale. Your company is recognized in our annual reports, media and other communications and its image is enhanced in the eyes of your employees, customers, vendors and the community.
When you make it possible for your employees to GIVE, ADVOCATE and VOLUNTEER, you don’t just advance the common good. Corporate philanthropy and volunteerism are also powerful leadership development and employee retention tools. We provide the volunteer opportunities that help you develop and retain your company’s future leaders.
United Way streamlines your charitable giving. With one donation, you assist our neighbors at every age and stage of life, from expectant mothers to young children, youth, working families, children and adults with disabilities, vulnerable seniors, and more. The dollars invested in local programs leverage even more dollars from other funding sources.